PEARLS: Insulin Resistance
- Can/should be thought of as a SPECTRUM.
- Pathophysiology starts to occur BEFORE hypergylcemia is seen.
- Tests: Fasting insulin, HOMA-IR, TG/HDL
- Used for both eval and monitoring
- Type 2 Diabetes is LATE-stage (aka “end-stage insulin resistance”): key word being LATE...already too late, the ship has left the harbor.
- Macrovascular complications begin 5-10 years before onset of DM2 (9)
- Microvascular complications begin ~5 years before diagnosis of DM2(9)
Special Thanks, notes . . .
Greetings! Some or all of the content is missing because it is available only to registered members. If you would like access please consider registering. Click HERE to go to our Registration area.
Already registered: LOGIN HERE