DISCLAIMER: This podcast is meant to share information, perspectives, and experiences. It does not provide medical advice, and it is not a substitute for advice from your physician or healthcare professional.
Sabotage Vs. Living
What is self-sabotage?
How do I know I am self-sabotaging or just living a moderate lifestyle occasionally???
Quick and dirty answer:
Moderate Lifestyle = Indulging and making more just moderate lifestyle choices
***moderate lifestyle = the freedom to “just have one serving here and there”***
- Deciding to eat it knowing the pros and the cons. No emotions!
No emotions? Yeah for some people out there this idea of eating moderately not based on emotions seems like a foreign concept!!!
- Eating with eye wide open
- Eating without feeding (no pun intended) a negative behavioral feedback loop
If it seems like a foreign concept….you are likely "sabotager."
Sabotage = “Effit” = Negative Emotion attached
- "I don’t care”
- "Don’t talk to me about what I am eating
- Using food to fix “xyz”....sleep, anger, frustration, sadness, guilt
- Using food in a maladaptive way
- Wishing we had more control, association eating with a negative “desire for more control”